Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's me, Kris!

I know, I know! It's been a long long time since I have been here. I have been reading a lot of book but it seems that a lot of them have been real duds!

I just read Sandra Brown's Rainwater. It was not her normal style of book. It was OK. I liked that the characters were not the normal ones she has. David was not super macho but still a man of quite strength. Sandra did a good job ( I think ) of developing them. And they did not "hop" into bed on the first page!

But I did not like Sandra Brown's Smash Cut. I can't put my finger on it but I found it dull.

I just read Julie Garwood's Sizzle. I found that I had to force myself to read it. Dull. I feel that Brown was trying too hard to make the funny parts funny, the sexy parts sexy and the tense parts tense. Remember, this is just IMHO.

I also read Dean Koontz Breathless. I got to chapter 5 and put the book down. This pains me as I am a big Koontz fan. But the book left me cold. You know how he has some dry, sharp humor in his writing? Well it was too dry and too sharp. I felt that Koontz was just trying to make a deadline. I want him to write another book like " From the corner of his eye" or "One door away from heaven" and many more. I know he has it in him to do another great one.

Well, that's enough book bashing for now.

No comments: