Thursday, March 18, 2010

We Have a New Library Database

LearningExpress - Job & Career Accelerator
Wow, I just checked out the new library database that our library system purchase for all the IFLS libraries. I absolutely love, love, love this new database. There's like over 700 practice exams that you can take such as, the GED, SAT, ACT, Civil Service etc. There's also useful information for job skills like mastering job interviews, writing cover letters and resumes.
My favorite part of this database is the section on computer skills. Oh my......you can view tutorials for Adobe programs and Microsoft program. I was sooooo excited when I saw all the computer programs. I've been telling myself for years that I need to learn Photoshop, and guess what program is listed on this database? Yup, Photoshop!!!!!! There's also Adobe Illustrator, which is another program I want to learn for my library & personal blog.
Thank you Indianhead Federated Library System........I approve and my library customers will benefit as well.

No comments: