Sunday, February 6, 2011

It's Growing in Popularity

I finally decided I needed to figure out this Kindle thing.  Is it a book?  Or, is it a gadget?  People swear by this little machine.....they say they love it!

I checked out this Kindle from Menomonie Public Library.  With 17 Kindles to loan out, you have a good chance of checking one out for two weeks.  I'm not totally convinced I like the Kindle, but I'm giving it a try.

I will be talking to the Library Board about Kindles and their popularity and what it means for our library.  Should we jump on the bus and join the Kindle phenomenon?  What do you think?

Lisa

2 comments:

IFLS Youth Services said...

Lisa, you should consider attending the ebook technology idea swap coming up in Menomonie:
http://www.ifls.lib.wi.us/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=xHRPI7GpBbY%3d&tabid=36 (flyer)

Colfax Readers said...

Thank you for the reminder. Sounds good.

Lisa