Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Reading Week 2

I'd have to say this candy sushi was a big hit yesterday at our second Summer Reading program. Krissy, our Circulation Librarian, kindly made two batches of sushi for the kids. The candy sushi was so colorful and so pretty. The kids kept coming back for more sushi!

Jenny did a great job presenting a theme on Africa and Japan. She taught the kids an Africian word game....all the kids participated too. Just lots of fun yesterday, and I have to say we have a really good batch of well-behaved kids this year. We librarians really appreciate GOOD kids!

We also set up a "Japan" table with authentic tea sets, a sake set, a beautiful cooper tea pot used in a tea ceremony, Japanese dolls & tea. All the authentic Japanese items were brought in by me, since my hubby was stationed in Japan twice when he was in the Marine Corps. I was glad I could bring in these items to share with the children.

The weather was beautiful....65 degrees and sunny. Since we do our Summer Reading program outside in July, we always count on good weather.

Be sure to check us out on Facebook for more photographs of the Summer Reading program.

Lisa

No comments: