Friday, July 15, 2016

It's been a few years since this blog was written in... I'll see what I can do to get it up to date!

My name is Lisa Bragg-Hurlburt, and I'm the new director of Colfax Public Library, following Lisa Ludwig's retirement in December 2015. If you've been a patron in recent years we've probably met, since I worked as Circulation Librarian several years.

People, books, and lifelong learning are subjects I am passionate about. A public library can do a lot of good in a community, and it is my intention to make sure the good work keeps happening. Whether through children's programs, community involvement, technological progress, cultural resources, historical archives, and our membership in the MORE library system, we will help you to connect to a world full of ideas and information.

We serve EVERYONE. One of my goals is to make this library welcoming to all and accessible to as many people as possible. If you have trouble attending our programs, making it up the steps or ramp, or otherwise accessing our resources, please call and we will see what can be done to help you. We are happy to pick up or deliver materials to home-bound individuals who live in or around the village.

I welcome your ideas! If you haven't already, please come in and say hello!

No comments: