Monday, February 16, 2009

A Single Thread

It's Jenny again. I recently read A Single Thread by Marie Bostwick and really liked it, so I thought I would give a brief overview of the storyline to maybe spur some interest in this well written and heartwarming tale.

The story is based around two middle aged female characters named Evelyn and Abigail. Evelyn is recently divorced and trying to forge a new life for herself in a quaint New England town. A spark of a dream encourages Evelyn to take a risk and step out into the business of owning a quilting store. A quilter for years herself, Evelyn stitches life not only into her business and community but also a network of friends that help each other through the rough seams of life.

Multi-millionaire Abigail, is thrown for a loop when her niece is sentenced to live with her for a year. Family grudges are exhumed and new bonds are formed through the simple task of living and quilting. Abigail grows, changes and softens to become a seasoned women who not only has good taste and style but has a warm heart as well.

I am not a quilter (yet) but really enjoyed this story and it inspired me to work at putting a little more community into my life and to be thankful for the influence of a good friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The book is really awesome. It is close to my heart.