Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's Kris

WOW! It has been a long time since I have updated you all on what I'm reading. I have read tons of books but nothing really jumped out at me that needed to be blogged about.



I did join the Colfax Public Library Book Club. I believe that there are about 12 of us in the club. I have not met them yet. A book was pick by the group before I joined and the book is Rhett Butlers People by Donald McCaig. ( The link will take you to the M.O.R.E. site where you can request the book )

What did I think about the book? Well, at first I thought that it was slow. I never read Gone With the Wind but saw the movie. I kept thinking that this book should be like that book. And it wasn't.
By the 4th chapter I was enjoying the book for the book its self. It was interesting to see how Rhett became the man that he was.

This booked started before the civil war and took us through the war, showing how it affected Rhett and Scarlett and why both made the choices that they made. It made me want to slap Scarlett and kick Rhett in the rear end!

Would I recommend this book? Yes, I would. It was a solid good read.


No comments: